It only takes 17 muscles to generate a smile on your face. It takes far more effort to force a frown—43 muscles! Would it not be far more rewarding to spend time finding ways to create smiles on your face that will then travel down to your heart? If is far more powerful to concentrate on simple contentment. By focusing on the negative, you will deactivate the possible heart warming smiles that can carry you a long way.
My curiosity was piqued so…..I sent out an email to my male and female friends to find out what made their 17 smiling muscles start working for them. I laid out the scenario by saying, “If you were stranded on a deserted island and were a few days away from rescue, what would you choose to have with you for contentment to make you smile?”
Here are the answers. Hope they make you smile! 🙂
* That’s easy…a pleasant woman. If she is not available, I would settle for a good dog.
* A feather pillow and battery powered TV! I would catch up on my sleep and watch the tube!!
* A beautiful woman who is a good conversationalist
* My wife for love and companionship
* A telephone-the tool to share hopes, dreams, problems, compassion, laughter and love with family and friends
* TV and dogs
* Cellular phone service and a laptop with remote capability
* A fully fueled 200 foot yacht moored off shore that is manned by the Swedish Bikini team
* A Leatherman tool and a fly rod
* An endless supply of toothpaste and toilet paper
* A classy lady and a bottle of champagne
* Dog and TV (to get the golf channel)
* A tent and a fishing pole
* A set of golf clubs
* Fishing rod, drums and guitar
* My family and a Bible
* My husband, base make up, mascara, and lipstick
* A mattress with a comforter, down pillows, sunscreen and my pain meds
* Soap, toothbrush, short wave radio, pen and paper
* A friend and air-conditioning
*Toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, toilet paper, sunscreen and books
* Coffee, tweezers, bug spray, chapstick, shampoo, books
* Martinis and lipstick
* A thick novel
Personalized copies of my books may be ordered by scrolling to the top of this site and clicking on the link or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.